Always a little jarring to learn in class about the scientific side of things you’ve struggled with emotionally.
Another gem :) not really sure what to classify...
You make all things work together for my good :)
After singing this song for just about 72 hours...
There is power in the name of Jesus To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain.
Back from an eight-hour straight practice for our fellowship’s special event night. I’ve missed experiencing this kind of dedication for anything…it’s beautiful. You go from almost trashing a piece because of how utterly difficult and discouraging it is, the sheer musical challenge of it being impossible to fathom, to sounding pretty darn good. People you’ve played with before, but never...
Finding a lot of songs that have been speaking to me lately…it’s nice. Even when I render myself totally incompetent in my words, I can always count on stumbling upon some lyrical masterpiece that embodies my emotions and thoughts. A catharsis of sorts. Totally, 150% overwhelmed by the whirlwind of things that are going on. Changes, restructuring, loosely planning out next...
Doesn’t always work like I planned it...
Knowing versus knowing.
Love this: “It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the...
They found my guitar. In Cambodia. …What is life. THIS IS SO GREAT :) albeit very weird. But, God, you are good. Thanks yet again…ah.
Finally caved in and got Spotify…although I...
“When you first came back, you looked so happy and glowing and rested…now you’re tired and stressed again, huh.”
Another midnight premier done and slept off. DKR was fantastic. Better than what I expected (how do you follow The Dark Knight, really?), but I’m sure everyone is already sick of hearing about it so I won’t say much else, except that it was really beautifully done, and the end was perfect in so many ways. Love and sacrifice, love and sacrifice. Looking forward to what’s...
Something about today is just off, But even if I am having the worst day and it’s pretty obviously my fault…it’s nice to be able to sit back and remember that something good can come out of my shortcomings. Being reminded that I’m utterly unable to do anything on my own? It isn’t actually as bad of a thing as I often make it out to be. I need to be humbled more, and...
When you try to upload photos all day but the system doesn’t work until 2:30am…and then you’re stuck for the next hour waiting for them to process/tagging everyone and everything because you’re a little obsessive when it comes to photo organization. And now it’s way too late. But, at least I’m happy to be able to say that this one day, the 14th of July, a...
1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. Luke 12:48 Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand more.
“dp yjod ,rsmd O vsm dyo;; nr upit gtormf?”
I really enjoy studying, which is a bizarre revelation to have at 3am right before my first midterm in a subject I haven’t studied in four years. I sort of wish I were a science major sometimes, not merely so I could make the parents proud or fulfill expectations or whatever, but simply because I find the workings and processes of our bodies to be so incredibly fascinating…how great...
take what you’re granted love be your mantra take what you’re handed love be your mantra
Yet again set back on the right path…but old habits are still so hard to break. Lord, let me be serious, let me remember my zeal from earlier last month, let me never forget what you’ve saved me from. Thank you for this weekend. :)
Ahahaha ruining my friendships since 1993. Oh well…praying it processes okay and when I’m back from retreat some sort of acceptance will have settled over this thing. My efforts to preserve what’s precious to me always seems to end up destroying instead, but I think the end result will be something we both will be grateful for. Or it might just blow over and I’ll have to...
More confrontations. But I have nothing to retaliate with. Since that’s not the point…the point is you’re right, even if I hate every word coming out of your mouth. Even though every word you say reminds me of the emotional abuse I went through for two years, verbatim. I have to remember the differences of now and then, that my heart is now set on these covenantal relationships...
Turns out I have a sprained ankle. I woke up this morning in complete pain and just sat on the ground in our room and cried, haha. My pain tolerance is horrible, I’m sure, since I’ve never broken or seriously injured anything and thus I have nothing to compare it to…(anyway, it hurt in my book). And against my wishes, E convinced me to go to the infamous Tang Center, which I...
Of course my first injury would be from happily running down the stairs at the gym when N announced it was time to leave, and not from actually running…oh well, seems to be pretty minor so praying this tape and some good rest over the weekend will do the trick. :( Saaaaad. — (Have I mentioned that the new Future of Forestry album is golden? Yes, I have. But I’ll say it again....
Long day. Couldn’t wake up for class, again—this is becoming a legitimate problem—but finally managed to drag myself out of bed to go to work. Weird client issue and I almost forgot how to roam around the lab, but it was nice aligning myself to a schedule yet again. It helps life run smoother, when I know what I’m supposed to be doing and where I’m supposed to be for...
Blessed day, just want to jot down some memories from it before I finish cramming my reading for NST 10 and then go to bed: 9.5 hours of sleep, even if this did mean missing class Realizing the shirt A gave me matches perfectly with my weird blue shorts C’s beyond delicious peach/mixed berry cobbler S playing the ever-considerate, fun friend per usual and studying together at DL Seeing...
day fifteen | 02:43
15. Favorite city? Well, before I went to China this would have been a pretty easy one—New York (though San Francisco is definitely growing on me…but I must explore it more before I feel comfortable enough to call it a favorite). After my trip, though, I have to say that I’ve fallen completely in love with the big cities over there, and after wandering around Xi’an at...
day fourteen | 02:46
14. To be a genius you need to be both intelligent and creative. If you could possess only one of those traits, which would you prefer and why? Eeh…I think these go hand in hand, actually. If creative, you might not be the most book smart person, per se, but there has to be a degree of intellect and conceptual understanding in order for that creativity to be harnessed. I guess it depends...
Studying for my first NutriSci quiz, which is tomorrow in approximately 6 hours. I surprisingly really enjoy summer session, although the pace at which we move is ridiculously quick (6 weeks for a 15 week course, basically)…it’s like a nice combination of the joys of learning combined with an overall fun schedule. It helps that I’m taking something I find very interesting,...
day thirteen | 19:49
13. What’s your favorite picture of yourself? Okay…weird question, haha, especially since I embarrassingly have so darn many. I don’t have a clear-cut favorite, but I always gravitate back a lot to this one:
Reading Philippians and soaking in my first entire week back and thinking about what S said during my first praise practice last night, which was a good catalyst for me to recalibrate my heart: “We don’t live the Christian life because it’s fulfilling. We live it because it’s true…it just so happens that it ends up being the most fulfilling, too.” Living out...
day twelve | 01:50
12. What is your ideal summer day? Where would you go, what would you do or eat, and who would you be with? I don’t have a single ideal for summer, I think, but here’s one of them: Wake up well-rested, preferably before or around 10am. Get some reading and quiet time done, and afterwards prepare for the day’s trip. Pack lunch/eat with friends, hit the road, and drive...
day eleven | 16:47
11. Perfect first date? Granted I already know you: cook for me, please :). And then let’s walk somewhere nice, grab some kind of snack/dessert, and talk until golden hour, the sun sets, whenever…but afterwards, let’s meet up with friends and hang out, watch a movie or play games or something. Since if there’s one thing I realized I can’t stand, it’s...
day ten | 15:50
10. Ten things that make you happy. Reunion hugs Guy-girl harmonies Natural light Ripe fruit White/single-toned dishware Finding Bible verses that are perfectly applicable to a current situation Hiking and being surrounded by nature My plush blanket Receiving letters in the mail and emails I’ve been anticipating The Bay Area
July 4th. For the past 11 years or so, I’ve spent all my fourth of July-s away from home, usually at the New York Summer Conference or, one year, in Nova Scotia. This time of year has always been associated with traveling and the spiritual high I usually got during the five-day conference, so being away from the East Coast and not attending for the first time in a while…it’s...
day nine | 10:24
9. In what ways are you your own worst enemy? Romans 7:14-20 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that...
day eight | 02:48
8. Ways to win your heart? More accurately, “how people have won my heart” : Smiling so your eyes crinkle and that way I can know you’re genuinely happy to see me…or else I feel like my presence is an obligation. Knowing when the appropriate time is to do the following, but definitely doing them unabashedly and with conviction: Singing. Challenging me. Correcting...